Welcome CMS Tiger families to the 2022-23 school year. This new school year is especially exciting to me since we will all be together for a full school year.
As we come together to provide a year of valuable service to students, I want to share some important points of reference that make Commerce Middle School a successful learning environment:
1. Our theme this year is CMS Tigers Earn Their Stripes. We are rooted in learning and growing to create that culture of learning at CMS.
2. We provide an important service, and that service is to grow all of our students with hard work, sincerity, respect, and quality instruction for an inclusive and equitable environment.
3. We are strategic, and allow time to enhance what we have, as well as new implementations. Therefore, we plan for sustainability of what is successful.
4. We pride ourselves on being a safe campus by knowing exactly who is in our building at all times. We make sure to know and follow the Standard Response Protocols as needed.
5. In the Classroom, teachers use aligned management strategies to create a safe and warm learning environment.
6. CMS is fortunate to have quality curriculum and resources. This includes research based online programs, apps, and ongoing training from Professional Development, Staff Development, and each other.
7. Students have the opportunity to academically challenge themselves by participating in grade leveled challenges, school wide challenges, and competing in UIL events.
8. We are building the Whole Child through Field Trips, Assemblies, Guidance Lessons, GT, a Talent Show, Choir, NJHS, News Crew, Sports, Clubs, Dances, Principal’s Council, ACE, Food for Kids in need, etc.
9. Being creative and purposeful with our budget, fundraising, and with ESSER funds allowed by our CISD School Board, we are fulfilling student needs.
10.We are blessed with our PTO parents and volunteers who provide and/or support many social events and activities for our families and staff.
11. The CMS Mission is to create a safe and engaging learning environment to inspire students, while fostering a relationship between staff, students, parents, and community.
12.Our vision at CMS is to grow together with positive collaboration, communication, and perseverance. This takes frequent communication amongst all stakeholders. We work together to foster a meaningful climate to enhance and accomplish our goals.
As you can see, CMS has all the correct components to ensure that we are Resilient, no matter what. However, we can't be a successful learning culture without all of us working together. Commerce Middle School is a family, and we look forward to the upcoming school year.
Thank you for all you do everyday to support your child’s education,
Lisa Palazzetti, CMS Principal & Tony Henry, Dean of Students